Here is the pumpkin cookies recipe provided by Drew. Have a try. It’s easy to make and taste super delicious!
Pumpkin Cookies (好吃!)
(The type of pumpkin that should be used is a “cooking pumpkin”, its smaller and a darker orange than the normal pumpkin. If pumpkin can’t be found, you could use squash as a substitute. The squash would have to be a winter squash similar to pumpkin, such as acorn squash or butternut squash.)
1 c. (227g) Sugar
1 c. Butter
1 c. cooked pumpkin
2 tsp (10 mL) Vanilla
2 c. (453g) Flour
1 tsp (5g) Baking Powder
1 Tbsp.p (15g) Pumpkin Pie Spice (or combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger)
1/2 tsp (3g) Salt
Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C)
1. Cut pumpkin in half, set aside seeds and pulp
2. Cut pumpkin into quarters, place in baking dish with a little bit of water, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 F (175 C) for around 20 min. or until tender.
3. Remove flesh from skin, discard skin.
4. Mix sugar and butter in a bowl
5. Add pumpkin, vanilla, and eggs. Mix well.
6. Add flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt
7. Drop cookies onto cookie sheet
8. Bake at 350 F (175 C)
9. Bake for 8-12 min. or until done
Makes around 30 cookies
To cook the seeds:
Put the pulp and seeds into colander, rinse with water and separate seeds from pulp. Spread the seeds out on a cookies sheet, cover with salt, bake at 275 F. Stir the seeds every 3-5 min. until done.